Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Closer to the World Series

I am enjoying the MLB playoffs. Though the Tigers did not make it this year, I have some teams that are interesting to me.

Cleveland--because some of my aunts and uncles moved there from PA and the Indians and Browns (the ones who moved to Baltimore) were talked about so much. Grady Sizemore, their centerfielder, reminds me very much of the Tigers' Curtis Granderson. The can both run, hit, hit with power, catch and throw. Not many better all around ballplayers in the game.

Colorado--Clint Hurdle, the manager, is a shirttail relative to Kathy. We followed his ten year career with Kansas City who made him their first pick in the 1975 amateur draft. Kathy has a Clint Hurdle pin with his picture and signature--priceless.

Boston--another American League team that I have followed over the years and rooted for if they were not playing the Tigers.

Am I hoping for a C-C series? Si, si.

No comments: