Monday, February 4, 2008

Snooze Through the Commercials

Maybe it was the game. Maybe it's my age. Maybe it's the history. But to me the commercials during the Super Bowl were--how can I say this best--weak. The dalmatian training the Clydesdale caught my eye--very clever, had a Rocky-type story. (So did the guy jump starting the woman's car, but it was disgusting. And the disclaimer DON'T TRY THIS--who are you targeting that you need to tell them?)

The game was so-so for three quarters. Lots of records, we were told. Of the who cares? variety. Fewest possessions in the first quarter, second fewest points through . . . And so on.

But the final quarter mad me glad I watched. Well played, some great plays, and a substantial underdog victory. The Giant game plan was superb and well executed. Protect yourselves old time Giants fans--those New Yorkers will now be jumping on the bandwagon.

No comments: