Monday, April 14, 2008

MBT

On Thursday we saw Meadowbrook Theatre production of Moonlight and Magnolias, a play about writing the screenplay for the movie Gone with the Wind. It was interesting how the screenplay came about and the time it took. In addition, the director and writer had little confidence in its success.

I know little about the story GWTW--from the book or the movie--except for some character names and the famous line. If I would have watched the movie or read the book before I saw the play, I would have appreciated it more.

Great acting and another great set. One actor, who played Ben Hecht who wrote the script for the movie, is Tom Whalen, who James knows from his summer work while in college. We have seen him in a number of productions but I believe this one is his biggest part. We look forward to seeing him again.

No comments: