Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Sunday Choices

I decided to go to an Oakland University men's basketball game with Ken and Jim instead of watching the Lions Sunday.  OU beat Rochester College quite handily and Blake Cushingberry from Romeo did quite well for the Golden Grizzlies.

A hush and some muttering came over the crowd when the announcer told us the Lions were tied with Indianapolis early in the fourth quarter.  When I got home Kathy told me the outcome, another loss keeping their streak alive at 14 losses without a win.  I watched most of the game that we had taped and the Lions looked OK.  Then their defense went to work and permitted two late scores.

I am looking forward to Sunday when the Lions play New Orleans Saints and Drew Brees, the quarterback who has thrown for over 4300 yards so far this season.  He'll have a chance to add significantly to that total--unless they are so far ahead they decide to run the ball.

No comments: