Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Emerald Lake

still has the same number of fish it did last week. Kelvin took me out for a half day of fishing, and showed me new techniques and lures. I learned a lot but caught little. If we learn so much by our failures, why am I not a great fisherman by now? But I had a great time nonetheless.


We spent five days visiting, fixing, reading, cleaning.


Saw Addison--Lee and Carrie's new baby girl. She is really cute, slept the whole time we visited (she's only a few weeks old), and has just about the puffiest cheeks ever.


Kathy worked inside while I got equipment going after it sat all winter. Everything started surprisingly easy. One battery needed charging but it is nearly 10 years old. Lee fixed a tire (thanks Lee) so Kathy could mow--Lee had mowed once earlier (thanks Lee).


As we cleared some brush near the entrance to the drive, we came across a woodcock, probably disturbed her nest. We found out later they are not usually seen because of their coloring so we feel fortunate.

We are looking forward to our next trip.

No comments: